Booking Events: Skype or In-Person
How To Book
Skype or in-person
- Email Cari Pick to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person events require an honorarium and modest expenses. (For school bookings, please ask about an academic discount.)
- Skype bookings will be extremely limited while I work on this next book, but I'll try to accomodate schools if I can. (There is no fee to schools for Skype bookings.) SKYPES NOW ON HOLD (as of April 2016) until I catch up on my next book. I hope to resume by late 2017.
School Assemblies and Teacher-Training Seminar
Dave in person
My speaking engagements with students are usually all-school assemblies, lasting 60-90 minutes, with half of the time devoted to Q&A. Topics can include: overcoming adversity, combating teen depression, school safety, tolerance, writing, and the story/lessons of Columbine.
Teacher in-service trainings usually last 60-90 minutes, including Q&A.
Sample 1-hour speech at Elmhurst College: "Lessons of Columbine," with full video, and text summary. The school's promotional material for the event here.
Dave will sign books after the event for no additional charge. Most local bookstores or Barnes & Noble will handle sales at the event for no fee. Another option is for schools to purchase books in advance at a volume discount, and sell them, using the proceeds as a fundraiser.
On hold until I catch up on my next book (beginning April 2016). Thanks to all the great students and teachers who who have participated. I have learned more than I ever imagined from you. Here are the basics:
50 minutes for classes (college or high school)
It's fine to post pictures and OK to connect with me on Facebook/Twitter afterward.
- Short videos by Dave, designed for classroom or book clubdiscussions
- Reader's questions at Oprah.com (Designed for book clubs—also make great term paper topics.)
- Columbine Instructors/Teacher's Guide (Also great for book club leaders. In-depth questions.)
- The 3-minute intro video/trailer (below) is a great tool for getting students, colleagues or club members interested.