Booking Events: Skype or In-Person
How To Book
Skype or in-person
- Email Bethany Belle to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person events require an honorarium and modest expenses. (For school bookings, please ask about an academic discount.)
- Skype bookings will be limited while I work on this next book, but I'll try to accomodate schools when I can. (There is no fee for schools for Skype bookings.)
School Assemblies and Teacher-Training Seminar
Dave in person
My speaking engagements with students are usually all-school assemblies, lasting 60-90 minutes, with half of the time devoted to Q&A. Topics can include: overcoming adversity, combating teen depression, school safety, tolerance, writing, and the story of Columbine.
Teacher in-service trainings usually last 60-90 minutes, including Q&A.
Dave will sign books after the event for no additional charge. Most local bookstores or Barnes & Noble will handle sales at the event for no fee. Another option is for schools to purchase books in advance at a volume discount, and sell them, using the proceeds as a fundraiser.
Recent high school appearance (March 2011):
Thanks to all the great students and teachers who who have participated. I have learned more than I ever imagined from you. Here are the basics:
50 minutes for classes (college or high school)
It's fine to post pictures and OK to connect with me on Facebook/Twitter afterward.
- Short videos by Dave, designed for classroom or book clubdiscussions
- Reader's questions at Oprah.com (Designed for book clubs—also make great term paper topics.)
- Columbine Instructors/Teacher's Guide (Also great for book club leaders. In-depth questions.)
- The 3-minute intro video/trailer (below) is a great tool for getting students, colleagues or club members interested.