Would it be possible for someone to give me a simple A, B, C explanation of how to post my OWN pictures on to"Members Pictures" thread? Be gentle with me !!! Thanks.
Here you go, Suely. Like I said, it's pretty complicated, but once you do it a few times, it becomes much easier. Let me know if you run into any snags with it and I'll be happy to help you out.
1. Take a picture.
2. Following the instructions provided with your camera, download the picture from the camera to your computer.
3. Save the picture in a file on your computer where you will be able to find it later.
4. Open a free photo account on a site such as Flickr or Photobucket. (These directions are for Flickr)
5. At the Flickr website, click on ‘Upload photos and videos.’
6. Click on ‘Choose photos and videos.’
7. A window will appear, through which you must navigate to find your picture in the file you saved on your computer.
8. When you find the picture, click on it twice.
9. Go back to the Flickr Upload page, scroll down and click on ‘Upload photos and videos.’
10. Wait until it says ‘Finished.’
11. Click on the tab that says ‘You.’
12. Click twice on the picture you want to display on the forum.
13. Wait a moment.
14. Right click on the picture once.
15. A box will appear that says: All rights reserved: Medium (or it may say some other size). Click on ‘Medium’ (or whatever size it says)
16. In a moment, the picture will appear on the screen again.
17. Right click on the picture once.
18. A pop-up window will appear.
19. At the bottom of the pop-up screen, find where it says ‘Properties.’
20. Click on ‘Properties.’
21. Another pop-up screen will appear. It will say ‘Properties’ at the top.
22. Find where it says, ‘Address.’
23. You will see the url for the picture. It will look like this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6465907657_1721753be8.jpg
24. Click three times on the URL (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6465907657_1721753be8.jpg
) and make sure the URL is highlighted.
25. Right click on the URL.
26. Choose ‘Copy.’
27. Go back to the forum and find the thread in which you would like to post.
28. Begin a post by clicking on Reply
29. Type whatever text you would like to appear in the post.
30. When you get to the place in your post where you would like to insert the picture, click on the ‘insert image’ icon, (it looks like a little picture frame of a mountain scene). Hint: It’s above the smiley emoticon
31. The HTML image tags will appear like this [ i m g ] [ / i m g ], but without any spaces.
32. Make sure your cursor is pointed between the tags.
33. Right click and paste your saved address between the HTML tags, so it looks like this: [ i m g ] http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6465907657_1721753be8.jpg
[ / i m g ]
34. It always helps to preview the post to make sure it looks the way you want it to.
For more information, forum picture posting rules can be found here.