The Ultimate Brokeback Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2014, 05:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
ULTIMATE BROKEBACK GUIDE
Our obsessive guide to the heartbreaking yet oddly universal story of two gay cowboys in love

Meet the authors and volunteers who put together "Beyond Brokeback: The Impact of a Film" and order your book.
* Home Help Login Register
+  davecullen.com forums
|-+  ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
| |-+  Books, Periodicals & Literature (Moderator: Ellen (tellyouwhat))
| | |-+  The Mayor of Castro Street
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mayor of Castro Street  (Read 118782 times)
killersmom
AUNTIE
Administrative Director
Obsessed

It's me.

« Reply #870 on: August 25, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »

Milk, Lucas named to California Hall of Fame

(AP) 4 hours ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. Slain gay rights activist Harvey Milk, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas and feisty football commentator John Madden will be among the newest inductees to the California Hall of Fame.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver unveiled the list of 2009 inductees on Tuesday. They said the latest 13 "embody California's innovative spirit and have made their mark on history."

The others are entertainer Carol Burnett, former Intel chief executive Andrew Grove, former Gov. Hiram Johnson, decathlete and philanthropist Rafer Johnson, industrialist Henry J. Kaiser, philanthropist and peace activist Joan Kroc, artist Fritz Scholder, author Danielle Steel, bodybuilder and Schwarzenegger mentor Joe Weider and Air Force pilot Chuck Yeager.

Schwarzenegger last year vetoed a bill that would designate a day each year to honor Milk, the first openly gay man elected to public office in California. He was assassinated in 1978.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iSyazAFzecmYhZDbhiSy7a1Xf82AD9AA4ECG0

I am often regretful that I have arrived so late at this time in my life, but remind myself to be thankful that I have had the opportunity to arrive here at all.
Marz
heaths little angel
Obsessed

« Reply #871 on: March 11, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

i know this topic hasn't been posted in, in ages but i just thought id tell you, i convinced my mum to buy me the book today, athough im not aloud to read it until my birthday as its my present from her, very excited about reading it though as i loved the film and am becoming a bit obsessed with Harvey Milk and his story Embarrassed

John 'Marz' Wayne
Marz
heaths little angel
Obsessed

« Reply #872 on: March 11, 2010, 02:01:44 PM »

i haven't read any of this thread yet so i will do tommorrow

John 'Marz' Wayne
dejavu
may the snowy egret live
Obsessed

« Reply #873 on: March 11, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »

Good luck with the thread, and with the book.  It's a long book, but I'm sure you will enjoy it if you love Harvey.

Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?
Marz
heaths little angel
Obsessed

« Reply #874 on: March 12, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »

thanks debbie Kiss

John 'Marz' Wayne
Marz
heaths little angel
Obsessed

« Reply #875 on: March 24, 2010, 02:38:59 PM »

not long until i can read the book now! i don't think ive been looking forward to reading a book this much in ages! i normally just re read my fave book 'Matilda'!!!

some have said its a very long book so it might take me quite a while to read as im not the fastest of readers but i will be sure to write a review when ive finished it

John 'Marz' Wayne
killersmom
AUNTIE
Administrative Director
Obsessed

It's me.

« Reply #876 on: March 24, 2010, 07:41:24 PM »

Good for you marz. There is not time frame. Just read at your own pace and enjoy it.

Looking forward to your review when you are done.

I am often regretful that I have arrived so late at this time in my life, but remind myself to be thankful that I have had the opportunity to arrive here at all.
Marz
heaths little angel
Obsessed

« Reply #877 on: March 25, 2010, 04:04:14 AM »

thanks auntie

John 'Marz' Wayne
janjo
Obsessed

« Reply #878 on: March 25, 2010, 04:05:10 AM »

My youngest daughter is reading it at the moment and really enjoying it.

Brokeback short stories at storybyjanjo.livejournal.com

"Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?"
Ballad in plain D: Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

go to The Ultimate Brokeback Guide go to The Ultimate Brokeback Cafe Press Collection Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines go to The Ultimate Brokeback Amazon Collection