Our Missionary Project--Come Join Us
Our newest campaign (the Missionary Project) is to place as many BBM DVD's in libraries and other places as we possibly can. We especially want to target rural or smaller libraries which may not have the resources of the larger ones. We are asking the libraries to label our donations with "Donated by Members of the Ultimate Brokeback Forum at http://davecullen.com/forum
which, after viewing, will give those who need it a place for support. Our message, as always, is a positive one of the beauty of love between two people which cannot be denied. There are three ways you can help:Method One
Do it yourself! Get a warm and fuzzy feeling! Here are the steps:
1. Select a library - One of your choosing or go to http://www.pubiclibraries.com
(We suggest a rural or smaller library which may not have the budget for a copy.) Look at the master list thread to see if another
member has already selected that library.
2. Call the library and ask it they will accept a donation of the BBM DVD. If so, discuss the following with them:
a. How the DVD will be delivered (by hand, Amazon or other)
b. Ask them to apply a sticker on the DVD once it arrives which states "Donated by the Members of the Ultimate Brokeback Forum at http://davecullen.com/forum
3. Send a PM to Exlibris or post to the thread (Our Missionary Campaign found under Forum Events and Campaigns on the main page). We need to track the following info:
a. If donation accepted: city/state/country of library
b. Donation not accepted: same info + reason not accepted (so we can address these issues later
4. Place your DVD order with Amazon via our site or order/buy through another means. If you order through our site, we will get 6% of the cost and it won't cost you a penny more. Go to our main page and near the top on the right side you will see "Buy the DVD Through Us" in red. Amazon will ship gift orders anywhere you want.
5. Follow-up with the library once you believe DVD has arrived; it is important to remind them to place our identifying sticker on the DVD.
6. If you have any problems along the way, PM either Sharyn (member support) or CactusGal (team leader).
7. You've just help spread Brokeback Mountain's message that love between two people is beautiful and shouldn't be denied.Method Two
Donate the cost of a DVD to us and volunteers will handle the process of sending the DVD to a library.
To donate go to http://www.davecullen.com/brokebackmountain/adcampaign.html
A warm and fuzzy still awaits you but we take away the hassle!Method Three
Choose a library in another country or an organization anywhere in the world. This is for those who live in other countries or for members who want to donate to GLBT organizations in other countires or in the USA. Simply follow the same steps in Method One above. Warm and fuzzy feelings can reach you too!
You can also use all three methods to make the most impact! We will be asking other sites and organizations to join in our campaign and announcing this campaign to the press worldwide. Help spread the message of BBM! Thanks for all of your support.