The Ultimate Brokeback Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2015, 11:33:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
ULTIMATE BROKEBACK GUIDE
Our obsessive guide to the heartbreaking yet oddly universal story of two gay cowboys in love

Meet the authors and volunteers who put together "Beyond Brokeback: The Impact of a Film" and order your book.
* Home Help Login Register
+  davecullen.com forums
|-+  LIFE & LEISURE
| |-+  Leisure Activities (Sports, Travel, Pets, Cooking, Gardens, etc) (Moderator: CellarDweller115)
| | |-+  Dreams: The meaning behind them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams: The meaning behind them  (Read 9065 times)
Miaisland
Lady of the midnight sun
Obsessed

Sending up a prayer of thanks

« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »

Very interesting dream MsMercury!!!

Bet it was a bit annoying waking up!!!!

Wink

“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés
CellarDweller115
Faithful Friend
Global Moderator
Obsessed

Hördy Fröggie

« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »

I had a doozy last night.

My brother and I had to break into some cases, to reveal some incendiary contents, to burn down our house.  When we left in my car, we couldn't move, because our path was blocked by cheerleaders, doing their routine in the street.

Whut? Whut? Whut?

This is my hill to climb

MsMercury
Obsessed

Country girl stuck in the city.

« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »

Maybe your dream means you have a secret desire to run over cheerleaders.  LOL!

Yeah, it is too bad I woke up so soon from my dream!! It would have been very interesting to say the least.

dejavu
may the snowy egret live
Obsessed

« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »

Your dream sounds very interesting -- and maybe fun -- MsMercury, although why would Ennis seem to be so mad at you?  Maybe he resents you because he thinks you're going to come between him and Jack?

Chuck, I don't know...sounds like you really have something against that house, doesn't it?   Cheesy 
As for the cheerleaders, they remind me of high school days.  Or of memories of high school days.  Maybe you were feeling a bit hemmed in by things that happened when you were younger?  Just a thought, of course.

Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?
mcnell1120
Vida Loca
Obsessed

Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »

My brother and I had to break into some cases, to reveal some incendiary contents, to burn down our house.  When we left in my car, we couldn't move, because our path was blocked by cheerleaders, doing their routine in the street.

Whut? Whut? Whut?

bwahahah...I just read this now....what a scream!!  cheerleaders??...maybe deep inside you always wanted to be one...hahahahahhahhahabwwhahahwhhwha

just kidding  Roll Eyes

RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !
dejavu
may the snowy egret live
Obsessed

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

Your interpretation is better than mine, Nellie.   Cheesy    Cheesy    Cheesy

I always take dreams too literally.

Sorry, Chuck.  I was probably way off-base.

I've been thinking, your dream actually reminds me off parts of "Donnie Darko."  Maybe you were just thinking of Jake movies.   Grin

Jack's from Texas.
fritzkep
German Louisiana Virginia Dude
Global Moderator
Obsessed

Wie geht's, y'all?

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »

Chuck, you're invading my dreams!  Cheesy

This time, Earl and I were watching a Broadway play, the dream started just as the play was finished and we were leaving. You were in the play, a major character but not the star. No idea about the play itself. Anyway, it took us and inordinately long time to get out of the theater auditorium because of the crowds. I remember thinking, good thing no one was yelling "fire" because it would be really bad, we'd be trampled. But I didn't mind that it took so long to get out. In the theater lobby, there was a stairwell down, which is where you were, in your dressing room. But when we got there, someone said you had already left. We took this news without much ado either, because we knew we'd see you later on. That's where the dream ended.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."
dejavu
may the snowy egret live
Obsessed

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2008, 01:47:18 PM »

Very interesting, Fritz.

Chuckie was a major character...I can see that.  Just like at a Brokie gathering.

You and Earl wanted to see him...I can see that.  You would want to.

He left before you could find him...sad.   Sad

But you knew you'd see him later on...that seems like a fitting end to the dream.  You are Chuck's friends, so you know you'll see him sooner or later.  Maybe there was a get-together for the cast afterwards, and he had arranged for you to be invited.   Smiley

Jack's from Texas.
CANSTANDIT
Obsessed

Special Brokeback Victims Unit

« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

Whut? Whut? Whut?

They say the words used to describe the dream often tell us in symbols what a dream is about-

May I ask: Are you  claustrophobic?
CANSTANDIT
Obsessed

« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »

I was on a calcium channel blocker for about two weeks recently, and I have to tell you, I had the most vivid dreams...It seemed like I was dreaming all night long.
CellarDweller115
Faithful Friend
Global Moderator
Obsessed

Hördy Fröggie

« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »

sure you can ask, and no, I'm not.  Grin

This is my hill to climb

CANSTANDIT
Obsessed

« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »

sure you can ask, and no, I'm not.  Grin
I didn't think so.... Cheesy Cheesy

just kidding....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHUCK!
CANSTANDIT
Obsessed

« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2008, 08:24:20 PM »

Chuck, you're invading my dreams!  Cheesy

This time, Earl and I were watching a Broadway play, the dream started just as the play was finished and we were leaving. You were in the play, a major character but not the star. No idea about the play itself. Anyway, it took us and inordinately long time to get out of the theater auditorium because of the crowds. I remember thinking, good thing no one was yelling "fire" because it would be really bad, we'd be trampled. But I didn't mind that it took so long to get out. In the theater lobby, there was a stairwell down, which is where you were, in your dressing room. But when we got there, someone said you had already left. We took this news without much ado either, because we knew we'd see you later on. That's where the dream ended.

Fritz, what is it Steve Martin said once? You  shouldn't run into a Fire Station  and yell, 'Movie'!, either.  Cheesy Wink

that dream is really interesting; lots of components there, huh?
mcnell1120
Vida Loca
Obsessed

Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »

LOL Grin

RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !
dejavu
may the snowy egret live
Obsessed

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

Oh, I had a real doozy of a dream last night, and remembered it after I started to wake up.  Unfortunately, I forgot about it and can't remember all the details now.   Cheesy

But it was vivid, and felt like a nightmare.  The one thing that I do remember was that I was somewhere taking pictures from the ground, and suddenly there was a big fireball in the sky.  Then, at the front of the fireball, I could make out the nose of a jet airplane.  At that point, the jet was headed away from me. 

Now a few more details are coming back.  The dream changed after that, and I was looking at this awful picture from a different angle.  I was still on the ground, but facing the front of the airplane.  I couldn't see the fireball any more (which was toward the tail of the airplane), but I could see the jet's front part swooping up and down and around in circles.  And then I made out some logo on the side of the plane, and it said the name of a TV network.

Whut?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:58:52 PM by dejavu » Logged

Jack's from Texas.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

go to The Ultimate Brokeback Guide go to The Ultimate Brokeback Cafe Press Collection Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines go to The Ultimate Brokeback Amazon Collection